6.02.2011

ain't nothin but blue skies, baby.

I have been in constant thought about what our apartment is going to look like & something that has really been on my mind is our living room. When we first moved down here we were finding that couches were REALLY expensive & we didn't want to blow $700 for one little piece of furniture.

I.e. our couch:


$300ish from Ikea
it's just okay. it's a dark purple, brown color. it's pretty comfy, but nothing fabulous!

So I've been looking for ways that we can spruce it up, and I came across this:

Kinda boring, sorta scary that it's WHITE.. not sure how long it'd be kept that way! but it's only $50, when the colored covers are as much as the couch cost!

So we have 2 options:



Keep it white, but add blue trim.

OR:

Dye it a color & I'm LOVING this dark grey.

So that's what is on my mind these days! Any of your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Off I go to get ready for work. I'm so looking forward to saying,
"Thank you for calling Geico.
My name is Teressa Grinder & I'm happy to help you.
Can I have your policy number?",
about 100 times.

GodisLove,
Mrs.Grinder.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I think I love the dark grey, too! I would never have thought about dying it! (*SMACKING FOREHEAD*) What a great idea!

    And you guys really give out your real names!?! I always thought they were lying! Hahah! Like, when you call the help hotline number on your vacuume cleaner and it's obviously someone from India...and they say their name is Bob. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white with blue trim...beautiful. You are funny about what you say at work...love it. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slipcovers are great cause you can throw them in the wash. You need to watch for dark colors when dying. It can muddy the color.

    I feel your pain. We build cell towers. When we have to calibrate a tower it's driving 10 feet, queing a phone and repeat. I always feel like saying "Can you hear me now?" just to make it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete