10.21.2010

"fall"ing my life.

I’ve been spending a lot of time wishing it was fall, I miss the colors of the leaves, the cool mornings, scarves and eating the perfect fall dish that my dad usually came up with off the top of his head. Instead, when we got married- we traded in that type of fall, for Florida’s fall... which includes 85 degree mornings, shorts & flip flops,  and pretending like it’s fall by purchasing pumpkins from the grocery store & putting them around the house.
I’m not trying to sound like a brat, because living in Florida does have many perks, including being able to go to the beach in the middle of December, not having to deal with snow & also being around our college friends (yes, even you Shannon & Tara who are reading this right now making fun!)
So in order to make our apartment seem more like home & what we’re use to, we are doing some fall decorating to set the mood. Being that we’re broke, (just graduated & still in school) I went straight to the internet (thank you Al Gore- Mom, that’s a joke) and searched for cute fall decorations that I could “DIY”. I went to Martha’s site & found the cute idea for the mice, bats & “blood” candles. I made the rest!

(bat lampshades)



(i think they're so cute!)

(little mice!)


(the candle is from our wedding)


(not bad for dollar store materials)


(blood candles.. sooo scary)

Off I go to clean up my Goodwill finds & reorganize that living room. Expect another post, like tomorrow. Yes, I will be that girl.

GodisLove,
Mrs.Grinder

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i have just found your blog! Those little mice are Oh So Cute! nice blog, thanks for sharing!

    xo em (i'm over at The Beetle Shack if you wanna say hi)

    ReplyDelete